Reflecting Hope Google Analytics

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Share the Wealth Presentation for Capstone II

This is a quick five minute video explaining what the Capstone Sequence is and what I learned from it.  I created it using PowerPoint and PhotoStory 3.  It highlights the positive aspects of the course. 


Yes it was a class project called Share the Wealth. 


I also want to take a minute to talk about some of the negative aspects of the Capstone sequence that I am almost finished with. 

1.  Repetitive busy work:  I felt like these courses repeated themselves with the work that they asked for between the three courses and with in the courses themselves.  The course felt like it was designed by committee.  I would have liked some more efficiency.    

2.  Poorly organized:  The course did a terrible job of putting everything you needed to know about an assignment in one place.  You had the directions from the course timeline, the rubrics, and then they syllabus.  I even had instances where points were taken away for something I had no idea needed to be included.  They have too much information spread out.  They need to consolidate.  

3.  Too dependent on the faciliator.  For two of my three courses I had an excellent facilitator who really helped to make these shortcomings less of an issue; however, for one of the courses I had a bad facilitator who only exacerbated these issues.  I think this course can be better designed to eliminate some of those issues.  

I don't think I will be recommending this course to other teachers.  Too much work for too little learning gain.  I got a better handle on technology integration in the classroom and the NETS-T from one 12 week course I took in graduate school than I did with this thirty week sequence.     

No comments:

Post a Comment