Reflecting Hope Google Analytics

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weekly Roundup (4)

Going to get this little blog running again after a nice vacation.  Here are three links from the last few weeks that caught my eye. 

Moving Beyond Standardized Test Scores in Evaluating Special Education Teachers:  Part 1 - Patrick Ledesma tells the story of a special education teacher who had a 100 percent pass rate for her students. - This is the kind of real world  analysis that I am not seeing in the education debate about testing.  I don't mind using measures of performance as long as considerations are taken for vast array of additional inputs that go into a student's performance.  I really like his point at the end of the article where he asks how this teacher would do in a division that was less supportive.    

Social Media doesn't "cause" unprofessional or inappropriate behavior.  It "catches it. - Lisa Nielsen raises an argument against restricting teachers use of social media.  - I tend to agree with Lisa's distinction about banning bad behavior and not banning our communication mediums, but this is a tough issue for me right now.  I have not figured out which side I want to join.    

Federal Education Budget Project - New America Foundation has compiled relevant education data into an easy to search database.  I always like things that add to the transparency of government.  

No comments:

Post a Comment