Reflecting Hope Google Analytics

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Session 5 - Evaluating Resources

Let me evaluate the Capstone Course - it is poorly designed, dated, and the organizers make the participants feel like an after thought. Now I sound like one of those angry online people. On to something more exciting.

One of the tools my school division is in the process of gearing up is Microsoft Sharepoint. I am really excited about teachers using this tool as a collaborative communication medium. The tool comes equipped with capability to use discussion boards, blogs, wikis, document sharing, photo sharing, calendar sharing, annoucment sharing, and surveys. I think these tools have the ability to drastically reshape my division's educational enviornment. Many teachers don't do a good job of working on lessons collaboratively and sharing styles of teaching that are effective with various types of students. If the division can get teachers to utilize the Sharepoint site as a collaborative learning environment, I think a shift will occur in the standard of teaching in my division. If teachers had a repository of tried and true lessons on which they could continue to build and expand, I think we would finally start to see more consistent learning among students. The idea that you can go into your classroom, shut the door, and teach on your own for the whole day needs to stop. If teachers can work together collaboriatively the profession of teaching would drastically improve its product.

No comments:

Post a Comment