Reflecting Hope Google Analytics

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Celebrating Success

Success is hard to see in my job at the micro level.  I don't know if it is because I am split between two schools or that I don't spend a lot of time watching individual teachers put into practice what I taught them.  The nature of my job has me working predominantly with those teachers who do not know what to do with a particular technology.  Today was different though.

I have been working with a team of teachers who are not very digitally skilled, but who are eager to learn and apply.  We have a software that most teachers are required to use on a monthly basis.  I started working with this particular team on this software at the beginning of last year.  Progress has come in fits and starts, but progress was being made.  Today I saw that come to fruition. 

One of those teachers asked me to help her with some tasks in this particular software.  Then she proceeded to do exactly what she needed to do without my help at all.  I was just there for her mental support.  It was knowing that she had support if she needed it, that freed her up to succeed.  A year and a half of work had finally shown results.

Kudos to that teacher for persevering and continuing to work with a software even though others in our division gave up long ago.         

No comments:

Post a Comment