Reflecting Hope Google Analytics

Monday, March 12, 2012

More Video!

Each month my department focuses on a particular training topic and this month we are working with teachers on how to create short videos.  Going through the preparation process and then beginning to train on this topic has opened my eyes to the effectiveness of this particular tool.  Considering the abundance of video on the internet and how easy it is to make your own I am surprised that more teachers don't take advantage of this tool.

If I ever get back in the classroom I am going to utilize a lot more video.  I think I would try to use a short clip every time I introduce a new concept.  Not only does it save me from having to do the talking, but I think it might actually help students remember concepts more easily.

What do you think?  Are short videos a good teaching tool?        

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really easy to make bad videos, and hard to make good ones. I'll pay attention to a good video, but there aren't nearly as many.

    I've used videos in classes before, and I think about the max you want to intro a topic is 2-3 minutes - if it's longer, the focus turns to the video instead of the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about how difficult it is to make good ones and on the 2-3 minute time frame. Just a little something to introduce the topic.

    ReplyDelete